Beaumont Hospital Announces It Will Not Participate With Blue Care Network After Jan 12, 2012, Unless Reimbursement Agreement Is Reached
Beaumont Hospital has given notice to Blue Care Network that it will no longer participate in hospital networks serving BCN health plans on or after Jan. 12, 2012, unless the Blues agree to a 20% increase in payments over the next two years.
Here are some key points:
- In response to Beaumont’s request, BCN has proposed an increase that they believe covers the cost of medical services provided to Blues members and delivers a financial profit to the hospitals.
- Without an agreement Beaumont will become a non-participating hospital on January 12, 2012. Affected hospitals are Beaumont Royal Oak, Beaumont Troy, and Beaumont Grosse Pointe.
- BCN members can continue to receive services at Beaumont as usual over the next 90 days until January 12, 2012. Members also have access to a network of over 144 hospitals across Michigan.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan PPO, Traditional and HSA plans are not affected by Beaumont’s actions. BCBSM Medicare Advantage plans are not affected. BCN is seeking clarification whether BCN Medicare Advantage and BCN Medigap plans are affected.
- BCBSM and BCN will continue to work with Beaumont to reach an agreement but are making arrangements to redirect BCN member care from Beaumont hospitals if necessary.
We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available. Please contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner of this blog does not endorse any of the information in this blog and it does not reflect the opinions of Austin Financial Group. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.