For an employee to make changes to their elections outside of the open enrollment period, an employee must experience a qualified life event.
Qualified life events include:
- Change in legal Marital Status (marriage, divorce, legal separation, death of a spouse)
- Change in number of dependents (birth, death, adoption)
- Gain or loss of eligibility of other Group Coverage
- Change in employment status of employee or spouse (loss of employment, start of employment, change in worksite, leave of absence)
- Change in place of residence of employee, spouse or dependent